Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gunpowder vs. Printing Press

To me the two are much alike, however they both have very different purpose's. Gunpowder repressent's to me weapons at it's greatest turning point. The printing press repressent's to me knowledge at it's second greatest turning point. ( I would say that internet has been the greatest turning point in knowledge to this point). I'm just wondering how you are supposed to get a clear winner, when the two inventions are so different.  

I want to know what you think is better though and comparing it to other inventions so please comment!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Justin See said...

The internet is a great invention, yes, but the prining press is what made all of it possible. The internet is a much more convenient method of spreading information, however. If you ask me, I think the most influential invention in all of history is the harnessing of electricity. It is what opened up the modern age.

Mackenzie said...

cop out

lol come on, pick a side! For me it's the printing press. Like I said before... guns kill people, but words make people understand WHY they're killing people.

Mr. Dye said...

Alex S. says: Wasn't the Internet also invented to help military strategies? So in a way, gunpowder is also responsible for the development of the Internet.